LONDON, Feb. 07, 2024 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Genflow Biosciences Plc (Genflow or the “Company”) (LSE:GENF) (OTCQB:GENFF), an emerging leader in the field of longevity research developing therapeutics that potentially halt or slow the ageing process is pleased to provide a year-end review and summary of its progress during 2023 and defined strategic priorities for 2024.
The Company achieved many significant accomplishments throughout the year across all aspects of its business. The year-end review can be accessed here.
Key 2023 Highlights:
- Genflow expanded its intellectual property portfolio with a provisional patent application for editing the SIRT6 gene, linked to longevity and age-related diseases.
- Began trading on the OTCQB Venture Market in the US under the ticker GENFF, aligned to its US-focused strategy.
- Genflow received positive feedback from the Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products in Belgium on the design of Phase I/II clinical trials for its lead drug candidate, GF-1002, in NASH patients.
- Genflow made several key appointments, including Capital Plus Partners Ltd as Joint Broker; Harbor Access for investor relations support; and Prof. Dr. Sven Francque, an expert in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and Prof. Dr. Mary E. Rinella, a fatty liver disease specialist to its Scientific Advisory Board.
Strategic Priorities in 2024:
- Genflow awarded 2.89 million Euros in two new grants that will broaden its research pipeline and expand the size of its therapeutic markets over the next three years. (Refer to press release here.)
- Genflow to undertake key Investigational New Drug (IND)-enabling development activities that will help define the pharmacological and toxicological properties of its lead drug candidate, GF-1002, and its potential benefits for NASH patients.
- Initial site selection and QMS framework for clinical readiness, expected by the end of 2025 for the NASH program.
- Commence preliminary discussions with the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on Mechanism of Action (MoA) data for Orphan Drug Application (ODA) for its second compound GF-3001, targeting Werner Syndrome.
- Select Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) for advancing the GMP manufacturing of the NASH clinical lot of lead drug candidate, GF-1002.
- Develop and implement project management, budgeting and governance for collaborative partners, in line with clinical and pre-clinal activities that will enable Investigational IND applications.
- Moving key patent applications under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) to the national phase, while further expanding its development pipeline with new products and new indications.
Dr. Eric Leire, CEO of Genflow commented: “The milestones we reached in 2023 were numerous, and I commend our team for their exceptional commitment to execution and delivery. While 2023 was a pivotal year, we’re poised for an even stronger 2024, as we shift focus to scaling growth of our lead drug candidate, GF-1002, and its potential benefits for NASH patients. With the support of our partners and the backing of new grants, we are poised to make meaningful advancements in the field of longevity.”
Dr. Eric Leire, +32-477-495-881
CEO, Genflow Biosciences
Clear Capital Markets
Joint Corporate Broker
Bob Roberts, +44 203 869 6080
Capital Plus Partners Ltd
Dominic Berger, +44 203 821 6167
Keith Swann, +44 0203 821 6169
Jon Critchley, +44 0203 821 6168
Jonathan Paterson, 1-475-477-9401
About Genflow Biosciences
Established in 2020, Genflow Biosciences Ltd is a UK-based biotechnology company, with R&D facilities in Belgium, developing and researching potential novel therapeutics that halt or slow the ageing process enabling society to live longer, healthier lives. Genflow Biosciences lead compound is GF-1002, works through the delivery of a centenarian variant of the SIRT6 gene which has yielded promising preclinical results. Genflow Biosciences expects to commence a clinical trial in 2024 to study the potential benefit of GF-1002 in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) for which there are few or no-approved therapies. By treating ageing as a risk factor to disease, Genflow Biosciences aims to reduce the financial, emotional, and social costs of an ageing population. For more information: www.genflowbio.com
The contents of this announcement have been prepared by, and are the sole responsibility of, the Company.
This announcement may contain forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the Company’s or the Directors’ expectations, hopes, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future. In addition, any statement that refers to projections, forecasts or other characterisations of future events or circumstances, including any underlying assumptions, is a forward-looking statement. The words “anticipate”, “believe”, “continue”, “could”, “estimate”, “expect”, “intend”, “may”, “might”, “plan”, “possible”, “potential”, “predict”, “project”, “seek”, “should”, “would” and similar expressions, or in each case their negatives, may identify forward-looking statements, but the absence of these words does not mean that a statement is not forward-looking.
Forward-looking statements include all matters that are not historical facts. Forward-looking statements are based on the current expectations and assumptions regarding the Company, the business, the economy and other future conditions. Because forward-looking statements relate to the future, by their nature, they are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and the Company’s actual financial condition, actual results of operations and financial performance, and the development of the industries in which it operates or will operate, may differ materially from those made in or suggested by the forward-looking statements contained in this announcement. In addition, even if the Company’s financial condition, results of operations and the development of the industries in which it operates or will operate, are consistent with the forward-looking statements contained in this announcement, those results or developments may not be indicative of financial condition, results of operations or developments in subsequent periods. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include regional, national or global, political, economic, social, business, technological, competitive, market and regulatory conditions.
Any forward-looking statement contained in this announcement applies only as of the date of this announcement and is expressly qualified in its entirety by these cautionary statements. Factors or events that could cause the Company’s actual plans or results to differ may emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for the Company to predict all of them. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements contained in this announcement to reflect any change in its expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any forward-looking statement contained in this announcement is based, unless required to do so by applicable law, the Prospectus Regulation Rules, the Listing Rules, the Disclosure Guidance and Transparency Rules of the FCA or the UK Market Abuse Regulation.